Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Thoughts on not sleeping


It’s twenty minutes after midnight, and I have no desire for sleep. It may be the pint of Java Porter that I drank earlier (that they promised didn’t have much caffeine in it) or it may be my restless spirit of late. I feel that my soul has something to say and it’s waiting for me to get it out. The problem is, I don’t know what that something is. So I’ll listen to some tunes, check my Facebook feed again to see if there’s anything new happening.

But I do know the moon last night was so bright and crisp and full, and it makes me think that life is simultaneously too haunting and beautiful for sleep. Though my dreams have had a sweetness to them lately. A smiling face. A soft touch. Comfort and stillness. Leaving me only to wake to an unfulfilled want, an unfulfilled life. I know I’m on the cusp of something, but I’ve been riding that feeling for a while now. And how long can you stand on that edge and it still be indicative of a change?

Can one be carried away on the crest of a wave?

1 comment:

  1. I am on your frequency. Thanks for sharing. -jenkins

    ReplyDelete