Tonight I'm sitting alone in my apartment asking myself: Why am I here? What is my life meant for?
These questions are especially present in my mind tonight because last week, I had a great week. Things are going well professionally. I'm in the interview process for two jobs, either of which would be the perfect next step in my career. And things are going well personally. I spent time this week with great friends and had a fantastic birthday party over the weekend. I've been spending quality time with my girlfriend, and it's clear that something serious is developing there.
So as I sit in my apartment alone, I realize that - despite cooking myself a great, healthy meal and enjoying watching some episodes of Lost - these hours are somewhat empty. I'm not sharing them with anyone. I'm not doing anything productive, like writing a book or learning a new language or even writing songs. And I feel like this time is wasted.
All this has me wondering if my subconscious...or my soul...is ready for the next step. Ready to do something more. Ready to give everything I have to something bigger than myself.
But I don't have the answers to all that. So I sit here asking, Why am I here? What is my life meant for?
No comments:
Post a Comment