Last night, I had a long conversation with a couple good friends about my dating life – or, more accurately, my current lack of one. Without getting into all the gritty details about it, the main thing they pointed out to me is that it’s ok to date two girls at once in the initial stages to see which one I want to keep dating. I guess they just helped me re-remember that since I’ve done that before. But I may have a little PTSD about when I tried to date three girls at the same time. Because last night in a dream, this is how my brain processed that potentiality:
I was an agent for the CIA working against the Iranian Pasdaran, but unbeknownst to the CIA, the Iranians turned me and I was now a double agent. There were secret meetings and counter surveillance and tapped phones and bugged houses…and at one point I was carrying an AK-47. There was information and activities I had to hide from the CIA and still certain other information and operations I had to hide from the Pasdaran so I could remain a valuable asset instead of becoming a disposable one. The last part of the dream I remember, I was about to go on a mission with some CIA agents, but I had an eerie feeling like they knew I was lying to them, and as I walked down a dirt road, weapon in hand, I expected a bullet in the back of the head with every step I took.
So I’ve come to the decision that I’m probably not going to try to date two women at the same time…but if I do, the stress that causes might give me enough dreams to write an entire spy novel.

Jeffrey was dating someone else when he asked me out. A week after our first date, he stopped dating the other girl because he thought I was much more awesomer. Boy was he right. :0)
ReplyDelete--Amy